If you're anything like me- you want it all! I want super fast delicious meals, that don't cost the earth and will keep me and my family healthy. So, to offer myself and you some inspiration I have compiled a quick bullet point list below - who doesn't love a bullet point list?! Have a read, and, if you have any of your own time-saving healthy meal ideas to share, feel free to add them in the comments section- the more merrier!
Speedy and Easy Food
- Nuts and seeds
- Vegie sticks and Hummos
- Toast with tuna and sprouts
- Eggs on toast
These ideas will take a few more minutes, but if you make them in large quantities they will be instantly ready in your fridge
- Make your own vegie dip: cook veg, blend with garlic, olive oil and spices of your own choice. Serve with cruskits or ryvitas
- Salad with smoked salmon, fetta and oil/balsamic dressing
- Green smoothies: my recipe for brekky – pea protein, goats milk, spirulina, banana, berries, cinnamon – google green smoothies for more creative ideas!
- Pile of grated veg with olive oil and seeds sprinkled ontop
- Oats and yogurt
- Fresh veggie juices
These ideas may require a recipe if you’ve never made it before, but are sooo easy:
- Crock-pot meals: you get the idea, veg and protein and legumes
- Tinned lentils and quinoa ‘fried rice’ with grated veg mixed in
- Vegie broths with (quality) frozen dumplings
- Soup! Soup! Soup!
- A Roast with heaps of root veggies and garlic
- Healthy muffins – I have recipes for these
- Baked fish with veg (all wrapped in foil together, drizzle with olive oil and spices- bake)
- Veggie Stirfry and organic tofu